Must Be Present to Win

How to Cultivate the Art of Being Present in Your Life Mind Wandering Causes Unhappiness With the explosion of recent research in the causes of happiness, I’d like to highlight one that caught my attention. This is a study conducted by psychologists Matthew A. Killingsworth andDaniel T. Gilbert of Harvard University. They found that mind […]

Looking at Our Parents with Compassionate Eyes

I came across a chapter titled “Parents” in one of Thich Nhat Hanh’s books, Peace is Every Step, that resonated with me as well as with the work I’ve done with many clients. I thought I’d start by sharing one of the quotes that I found most poignant in this chapter: “We usually think that […]

Suggestions for your Law of Attraction Toolbox

As a proponent of positive psychology, I learn about many different schools of thought including cognitive behavioral therapy, Buddhist psychology, yoga therapy, and mindfulness, as well as the teachings of Deepak Chopra, Bo Forbes, Daniel Siegel, Wayne Dyer and many others. Recently I attended an Abraham-Hicks workshop on the Law of Attraction, and I learned […]